Production of course readers. Copyright
Through Kopinor’s agreement with the The Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions (UHR) you may to a certain degree produce photocopies, prints and digitize from printed material.
According to the licence, all coursepacks consisting of two or more book extracts are to be cleared through registering in Kopinor’s service Bolk. Coursepack are to be sold in the reception at cost. The reception offers copying and binding services. One week production time.
There are restrictions concerning copying from one single publication/issue:
- For students: Up to 15% of the total number of pages. However, an entire chapter or similar unit, an entire short story or an entire scene from a play may be reproduced from a single publication if the reproduction is not to be registered in Bolk.
- For employees etc.: Up to 15% of the total number of pages. However, an entire chapter or similar unit, an entire short story or an entire scene from a play may be reproduced from a single publication.
Scientific journals (from one individual issue):
- For students: No more than one article per subject per term .
- For employees etc.: No more than one article.
There are no limitations on the extent of reproduction from other periodical publications such as newspapers, weekly periodicals, and cultural and professional journals. The same applies for material published on open websites.
For some publications the above mentioned restrictions do not apply:
- Legal statutes, administrative regulations, court decisions and other decisions by public authorities.
- Works where the term of protection has expired (70 years after the author’s death).
- Open Access and other material released under the Creative Commons license and other free use licenses.
Database agreements for the library:
Use of digital journals and other fulltext material are regulated through the license agreements. Read the license agreements for each database.
Clara - an online information centre for copyright and clearance.
Del rett. En veiledningstjeneste om opphavsrett fra Norgesuniversitetet. (in Norwegian)